Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sweet Succulents

You've seen them all over the internet, Pinterest is loaded with them, they're even in lots of the home decor magazines. Seeing them reminds me of their popularity in the 70's. I know, I'm showing my age ( as if the grey hair wasn't a hint) but everybody had a terrarium of cacti and succulents.
   
source
Please tell me you remember these! Mine was just like this.

 And now. they're back!  Succulents, not this terrarium! On a recent trip to Randy's Perennials and Water Gardens in Lawrenceville, GA, I was so impressed with their  selection of succulents, I thought , why not. So I bought a few and got busy. While I wanted to go on a nostalgic trip and create a succulent centerpiece, I also wanted a new updated look, not the 1970's look. Here are some of the ideas that caught my eye....


                                                                 

                                                                        source                                                                    


                                                                source                        

                                                                   source

This idea is so fun, but I think it would look best "hidden" in a larger garden or collection.


                                                                    source


Here's what I made, I'm not sure if I'm going to leave these as they are, but for now I'm kinda liking these..


                                               Basket was a thrift store find for $3.00.


                                            I really wanted a variety of color in this arrangement .




 Well, now I try to keep them alive. Don't laugh, I have been know to have cacti that didn't make it.
Here's hoping they do!



I linked this post to :
Domestic Superwoman

1 comment:

  1. They look great, Tina! Even better that you put them together yourself.

    ReplyDelete