Monday, June 11, 2012

With Just a Little Bit of Ribbon...


I have been tying to create just the right look on my dining room table, but alas, still not finished.  But, there is progress.  My colors are turquoise and orange,  and if you've seen pics of my diningroom you aren't surprised.  Since I really like this color combination and have for sometime now, I needed a new look from my old colors!  Hit one of my favorite spots, Homegoods and found some really large napkins, 12 in a package for $7.99. My kind of deal.   I was able to use four as placemats and four as napkins. Well, now that I had the turquoise part of this combination, I just had to find the orange. I decided that I wanted oeange napkin rings.  Ever try to find those when it isn't even the fall yet, let alone Halloween!! Nothing caught my eye soo.. I figured I would have to make some and with the trip to see my son graduate from college, eating a major hole in my budget, I knew I'd  have to make them at very little cost.

Hit on a cute  and simple solution. Remember braiding lanyards back at summer camp? Well, I do and  I decided to  try my hand at some braiding.  Plastic lanyard cord wasn't going to make it onto my table but ribbon could work.  Below are a few pics of  the napkin rings and placemat.  I has so much fun doing these that I decided to add some to the placemats. Nothing like good old grosgrain ribbon. It comes in so many colors and patterns, use your imagination!! What about using a ribbon that is a different color on the reverse side, too cute.   I saw some on the May Arts website, I think I'll go take another look at them.









Love this saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment