I set to work cutting all the electrical wires and removing them. Just to make sure the paint had half a chance at staying put, I gave her a good rub down with some steel wool. I decided to skip the primer and went straight for the Rustoleum Spray paint in Lagoon. Because I don't want to repaint her next summer, I finished up with a couple of coats of clear gloss. Here are a couple of pictures of her in the middle of her encore..
My next move was to take apart 6 solar lights from the Dollar tree. I even bought a bunch for my front walk. They fit inside the individual "sockets" pretty well. I added some hot glue to the bottom of each light and placed it into the ends of each "arm" of the chandelier.
Here she is hanging in the tree.
I was so excited to stand at my kitchen sink and look out that evening and see her shining in all her encore glory. Now if it would just stop raining so I could enjoy my patio!