My next task was to determine the size of the posts that would be attached to each side of the headboard. That's why she was only $20. I wasn't able to find a pic on- line of this exact headboard so I just decided that I would make the bedposts 5” square posts that were 48” tall. Using a sheet of project board from Home Depot and some half round molding I created the posts.
I wanted a unique finial top so I rummaged thru my bun feet and found that I only had 2 of these. Perfect. But I wonder what I originally had planned to use them for as I only had 2!! Oh well, I'll just say I knew I would need 2 for something !! I cut a 5” square from scraps, and finished the edges with molding After drilling a hole in the center of the square I turned the bun feet over and screwed them in place. I love the bun feet as the finial on top of the posts. Don't you love it when something you imagine in your head flows through your hands and it Works! I had to take it apart to paint and upholster the pieces.
The finished headboard had to be carried upstairs in 3 separate pieces. What can I say, Cass and I just aren't that strong. But once it was in place we put it together and I drilled 3 screws into each post at secure the whole thing. Once the mattress and box springs were back in place I didn't have to do anything else to secure her in place. My final step was to add just a little bling to the top of each finial. I found 2 drawer pulls at Hobby Lobby that were just perfect. Using my Dremel I cut the screw off and just glued them using E6000 and I WAS FINISHED !! I don't know about you, but I feel like it was totally worth the wait and all the work.