Tuesday, August 12, 2014

College Bound!! Dorm Room Textiles - Orange and Grey

Hey all,

I know I'm a day late but it's been hectic around here. On the heels of working so hard on my mom's kitchen comes getting my daughter Cass ready to go off to college. Now, we've all seen the back to school displays in Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, but that's just not me . I mean not us!! While Cass was on vacation I spotted a really cool comforter set that she also liked and we had our color scheme. Orange ( different shades) , grey with a touch of turquoise! What can I say, yes I love turquoise but, it goes so well with just about everything! Anyway, as we started to pack , I took pictures of the textiles that we have for her room. The sewing machine, serger, and even the embroidery machine have been turned off. We are done. I wrote a post on her embroidered pjs  (here)earlier. Yes there's a lot of embroidered stuff, but when your mom has an embroidery company, you get lot's of embroidered stuff!!

On to the quick peak at the textiles:

Comforter:
Comforter, throw and polka dot box.


Next comes sheets:

We were challenged with our sheet selection because her dorm/apartment has a Full XL mattress. Not Twin XL but Full XL. Very hard to find that size and when we did, the colors were not good and neither were the prices. So we bought all single flat queen sheets, she'll have to learn to make "hospital corners"!!

Coral/orange with grey monogram. I made the pillow cases from a twin sheet. This left me additional fabric to make body pillow cover and liner for clothes hamper!
Grey checkered sheets with orange grosgrain trim, and monogrammed throw.

Towels:
                                              White towels with orange /turquoise monogram.

                                           White towel with orange and grey monogram.


                                Orange/deep coral towels with turquoise and grey monogram.

Shower Wrap:


coral, turquoise and pink ( Target) monogrammed in grey.


Rug:

Rug is from Ikea. Who hasn't seen this and wanted one. Great colors choices and great 
price. I actually got it on sale for $14.99.

I didn't monogram the clothes hamper, or  body pillow cover that I made from fabric I found on clearance earlier this spring:
Laundry hamper folders flat when not being used.




That's it for the textiles being used in her room. We decided to go with solid grey curtains and I'm not putting trim or anything else on them. I'm done! But I must admit I'm pleased with all of it. Can't wait to show you the completed room. Til then, pray with me that this adventure that my baby girl is setting out on will lead her into the life God has planned for her.


Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





2 comments:

  1. Omg! You're daughter is blessed to have a mom who created this look for her. I'm sure she'll have the best dressed dorm on campus. I love the coral/grey combination - excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jamala. It was a lot of fun. I will be writing a post and sharing pics of the finished room,

      Delete