If you are not familiar with the Liebster award, it’s an award that bloggers give each other as a way of discovering new blogs and learning about the people who actually write the blog. As a nominee I am asked to answer questions (from my nominator) and then create my own questions for the bloggers I nominate. Hmmm, this should be verrry interesting. My good friend Shelly over at ConfettiStyle nominated me and I feel truly honored that she did. Here are the questions Shelly asked me and a few other great bloggers to answer.
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES ARE:
1. If you had to use three words to describe your style what would they be?
If I had to describe my style it would probably take more than 3 words, but the first three that come to mind are, colorful, eclectic, and glam. I like, colorful walls, not just “pops of color” in a room, I like so many different styles of furnishings that I think the word eclectic was coined just for me. The glam comes from a deep love of all things shiny. I love crystals, metallics’ (especially silver) mirrors and just anything that has a shiny finish.
2. What’s the favorite decorative accessory you own?
My favorite decorative accessory is actually a set of accessories. It’s two custom made mirrors that I created a few years ago. They are two of my favorite colors, turquoise and silver.
3. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I guess my biggest pet peeve is people texting and playing games on their phones when seated at a restaurant table together. I always am amazed at how far we have moved away from face to face conversation. It's sad.
4. If you had the chance to be on a game show which show would you like to be on and why?
If I could be on a game show I think I would want to be on Family Feud. I think with a
team made up of my kids and siblings we could win it all!!
team made up of my kids and siblings we could win it all!!
5. Name two things on your bucket list.
The longer I live the longer my bucket list gets. And I actually get to mark things off my list every year. So far this year, I marked off zip lining and being in a flash mob. But two things that are still on it is:
1. Shopping at the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, CA
2. Going to the Kentucky Derby. Yes, I want to sip a Mint Julep while wearing a fantastic hat designed by Mr. Song in Southfield Mich. I guess that’s 3 things isn’t it!! Oops
6. What’s the best gift you’ve ever given and the best gift you’ve ever received?
I think the best gift I’ve ever given was a pink Kitchen Aide Artesian Mixer to my daughter Cassie as her high school graduation gift. I guess I focus more on the" it’s better to give than receive", because I am having a hard time thinking of the best gift I ever received. If I had to pick one I guess it would be the brand new car that I got as a College Graduation/Wedding gift!! It was the first time I got to go to a car dealership and pick out all the options I wanted on a car.
7. Stranded on an island, what magazine would you want to have with you?
That’s easy, HGTV Magazine. I could probably build a great little hut and furniture to go in it with the amazing ideas I see it. LOL
8. You are throwing the dinner party of your life. What famous people would you invite and why?
I would so invite President Barak Obama, his wife and her mother. I believe her mother has a totally different perspective on things than the President and First Lady, and I’d like to hear their views on the same topics. Like so many others, I would also like to get a glimpse at how Oprah and Tyler Perry view life based on where they began and where they are now.
9. If you could hire one famous designer to build your dream home, who would it be and why?
I think I’d hire Tiffany Brooks, winner of HGTV Design Star. I like her style and use of color. See question #1!!
10. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Assuming if you ask this question we’re talking about millions of dollars won, I know exactly what I’d do. Like most winners I’d eliminate every bill I have and take care of my family and the church I grew up in back in Detroit. My next move would be to create a program that serviced mentally disabled young adults who were trying to transition into the “real” (as in adult) world as successful independent adults. There are too few programs that address this group of individuals. I can also think of a couple of charities I'd support. Of course there would be some major travel involved.
11. What one power tool or crafting tool could you not live without?
Who ever invented the glue gun was a genius. What can you not fix or make with a glue gun? Really, if you think of something that melts, you could probably use a low temp glue gun on it!!
Well now I hope you feel like you know me a little better or have confirmed that you knew me as well as you thought you did. At first glance these questions didn’t seem too thought provoking, but they actually were.
The next part of this process is to nominate other bloggers for the Liebster Award. The first couple that came to mind had already been nominated by Shelly ( great minds think alike, right).
A great blog that I just recently started following is: USS Crafty.com written by T'onna Peters aka Navy Wifely Peters states she’s a Navy Wife and she has mad crafting skills.
Another favorite blog of mine is Pneumatic Addict , well written by Elisha. I have learned a lot from her posts, check out her sections on tools.
Another favorite blog that really has nothing to do with home décor and DIY but has everything to do with creating wonderful fashion is Mimigstyle. I have even purchased some of her clothing patterns and love the results.
Now for my 11 questions that I hope these ladies will answer::
2. What is you favorite “non creating” thing to do?
3. If you could visit 3 places outside of the US, where would you go and why?
4. If you didn’t blog, how would you share your creativity with others?
5. What one step or process was most beneficial to your blogging experience?
6. If you could learn to do one new thing what would it be and why?
7. If you had to choose between entree or desert which would win and what would it be?
8. If you are into thrift shops, what’s your go to store and if you're not, why not?
9. Who would you take on an all expenses paid shopping trip (including shopping money) to New Your City, and why?
10. What’s one piece of furniture in your home, could you not give up and why?
11. What color should be in every house or closet, no matter your style?
This has been a fun blog post. I hope you’ll take a moment to stop by the blogs that I’ve nominated, for the Liebster Award to check them out and say hi.