Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monogram Love - Part 2

Well, I said I might be back with Monogram Love and here it is.  I told you in  Monogram Love Part 1 that I love, love, love monograms, and I wasn't kidding. In case you needed just a few more ideas of how to use monograms in you r home...

How about the welcome mat on your porch:

                                                                   via


This has given me a great DIY that I plan to try this weekend. Here's what it starts out with, this door mat from Ikea ...



going to add some painters tape, paint and a stencil. Already have all the supplies needed so I feel a super savings coming.  I'll be sure to share this project in a future post.


Still thinking about the floor, I  love this rug...

                                                              via


What about a not so ordinary bulletin board for your office or home.... I made this for a dear friend's office.

 






 W hile this design was made with a Silhouette, I'm sure you could use a stencil to recreate this look, of course I really want a Silhouette but until then....


                                                                         via
 
  Now this was meant for me, I mean really it must have been,  it already has my initials on it!! Well, if it wasn't, it should have been.

                                                                         via 

   This Silver Plated tray has been restyled into a personalized accessory that could sit on a bookcase shelf or hang on a gallery wall.


                                                                       via


And since Spring has sprung here in Georgia, thought I'd show you a way to add a monogrammed item to you patio or deck.


                                                                                via

Well, that should give you lots of ideas for personalizing your home using monograms. Of course, you can also add them to your wardrobe too. Not just on your jacket or sweater but....

 




 How about grabbing a cute pair or two of leather or canvas shoes and getting busy!!
Major score x 2 :  white canvas shoes- DSW $7.98 at 80% off!! and red leather shoes with silver trimmed laces on clearance at Target for $8.37!!  Even without an embroidery machine you can get this look with a steady hand and a Sharpie.   Do you think you'd try to make a pair ?  Leave a comment and let me know.


.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment